My First Socks | Intermediate Knitting Workshop
- MORE INFO
In this 3-session all-inclusive course, you'll learn how to combine all your knitting knowledge to knit your very first pair of socks!
WHO IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR?
This workshop is for knitters who are very confident with knits and purls, can easily recognize stitches and fix mistakes, and have knit in-the-round on DPNs at least once before.
PLEASE NOTE: ATTENDEES MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR ALL THREE SESSIONS BEFORE SIGNING UP
DATES: Thursday October 19th, 26th, & November 2nd
TIMES: 6pm for all dates
LOCATION: Fia Fia Yarns at 6169 Summit Street, Halifax
PREREQUISITES: knitting, purling, basic shaping, knitting in-the-round using DPNs
MATERIALS INCLUDED: 2 balls of Drops Lima, and 1 set of 3.75mm DPNs
WEEK ONE (1 hour): materials & tools, sock anatomy, casting on, cuff & leg
You'll take your work home to knit the leg of your sock.
WEEK TWO (2 hours): heel flap, heel turn, picking up gusset, gusset decreases
You'll take you work home to knit the foot of your sock.
WEEK THREE (1 hour): toe decreases, kitchener stitch, finishings
Total workshop time: 4 hours
All materials and tools are included in the workshop price.
As we are a small space, there are only 7 spots available.
- Cancellations made 7 or more days before the workshop will be fully refunded.
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of the workshop will not be refunded.
- Cancellations made within the 7 days and before the 48-hour mark will be refunded 50% of their total workshop fee.
- No-shows will not be refunded.
- If we don't get enough signups, the workshop will be cancelled and you'll receive a full refund.
- If the weather makes driving conditions dangerous, the workshop will be cancelled and rescheduled for a different day