Knitting Level 1: Basic Shaping with the Sophie Scarf
- MORE INFO
In this all-inclusive 2-week workshop, you'll learn the next steps in your knitting journey including increasing and decreasing stitches, knitting fancier selvedges, how to follow/read a pattern, and how to keep track of your rows.
WHO IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR?
This workshop is for someone who knows both the knit stitch and the purl stitch well, and can recognize their stitches. There is no previous experience in shaping required for this workshop. If you don't know the knit or the purl stitch, please look at our Level 0 classes.
PREREQUISITES: Very comfortable with both knits and purls
MATERIALS INCLUDED: 1 ball of Drops Lima, 1 pair of 3.5mm needles, 1 Sophie Scarf pattern, 2 opening stitch markers
DATES: Tuesday May 30th & Tuesday June 6th
TIMES: 6:30-8:30pm for both dates
LOCATION: Fia Fia Yarns at 6169 Summit Street, Halifax
WEEK ONE: casting on, i-cord, keeping track of rows, reading pattern, increasing
You'll take your work home to finish half the scarf.
WEEK TWO: decreasing, fixing mistakes, pattern alterations, blocking, weaving in ends
Each class is a 2-hour lesson, totaling to a 4-hour workshop.
All materials and tools are included in the workshop price.
As we are a small space, there are only 7 spots available.
- Cancellations made 7 or more days before the workshop will be fully refunded.
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of the workshop will not be refunded.
- Cancellations made within the 7 days and before the 48-hour mark will be refunded 50% of their total workshop fee.
- No-shows will not be refunded.
- If we don't get enough signups, the workshop will be cancelled and you'll receive a full refund.
- If the weather makes driving conditions dangerous, the workshop will be cancelled and rescheduled for a different day.